View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FA Time

64/64 SE Matthews wants a ton of cash – 60 mill, 5 years cash.

What do I need? A lights out RB, lights out TE, lights out WR, future replacement for Thomas, depth at LB, depth at DT if I move Shelton or McGee, KR or PR. Lights out FS, Depth

I can’t resign Ogbah, Kindred both

Replacement at WR for Norwood.

Well, I can cut CB Carroll if I wanted to. That would free up 6 mill But I have another plan for that cash, sign QB Arledge to his first long term deal

I make a vet min offer for QB Daniel for two years

Huh. I fund him. Undrafted WR Cooper Fisher, 2nd year, not sign with any year last year. It’s hard to find someone who is good at both KR and PR, especially at this level, I make him an offer. 74/93 kr and 42/70 pr

58/58 Melvin Gordon is too pricey. I feel like L Murrary is good enough to stay as a 3rd down back, but I need a rock carrier. Gordon is scat back too. 96 breakaway, 90 3rd down, 76 speed to outside, 100 blitz pickup, etc. But he is horrible catching. He wants almost 40 mill for 4 years. Nah. Maybe Ramsey will keep growing?

There’s just no talent out there where the price meets my need, or where I’m willing to spend but no talent. My backups are among the best players in FA – DE Xooper is the 13th best player on the Grey Sheet, and DT Wright 28 and LB Orchard 41st.

I want to make an offer to bring back Xavier Cooper then, he’s cheap. But he’d be the 4th guy on my team, is better as a 3-4, and that would lock me to having pro contracts for all four DEs, leaving my no room to draft and groom later.

I end the first stage to see if any of the players I would like at WR or RB would want a cheaper deal.

Week 4 – RB Gordon signed for serious cash. SE Matthews for serious cash.

Let’s look at the draft

We pick 32nd

I interview the top four RB, none are that strong. I’d might make a play and move up if the right person was there. We have three stud CBs, 2 stud S, 3 stud middle lB, the weakest D Line in living memory, 4 compelling OT, 1 stud C, no stud WRs, but a handful of good ones, interview a bunch of WR, S, and others I think would be there around 1.32. There is a 9th rated WR on the board, but with great scores – fastest dash, red agility and solecismic scores, and I interview him but overrated. Ah well, I thought he might be someone to grab and grow, maybe. I also like 5th place Tony Tate, 3 reds, 2 blues, and as scouted interview. I could see taking Tate at 1.32.

TE Otis Crackel may be a sleeper 0 3 reds, 2 blockers, but 4.7 rating

Week 5 – DE Cooper signs with Miami. Matthews for a ton of cash

Week 8 – Daniel sings

Week 10 - We sign WR Fisher

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote