View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

12 May – I declare war on Novgorod

Novgorod is entrenched in two wars, might as well make it a third. I did not call on Poland. Livonian Order joins Nov.

1 June – I get an event we get a major gift from Lubeck and I accept, and I get some ducats and good relations.

25 June – Minor naval victory

8 July – I take a Nov minor holding

21 July – Then a Livonian

28 Jul – Two more Novg holdings are mine

20 Aug – Another follows

22 Sept – One more

3 Nov – Another

3 Jan, 1593 – I finish our mission to make nice with our Trade City.

18 Feb – After cracking it open early in the siege, I assault the capital of Novgorod and capture it

11 April – I capture the capital of the Livonian Order

25 April – The Livonian Order becomes my vassal, gives up their cores, and then removes Estonia as a rival.

1 May – I have a mission to make nice with Denmark

15 May – Wenden is now a core

12 June – I have a peace offer from Novgorod. I decline.

I have a few options here with my 86 warscore:

1. Remove Novgorod mostly from the map. Take the three remaining provinces around the lake Ladoga, as well as Tikhvin and Vyshny Volochnyk. That would get me three Furs, 1 trading post, 1 iron, and 1 naval supplies. It would remove Novgorod from the area
2. Go slow. Grab just Tikhvin and Ladoga, two decent provinces next to each other, humiliate them, take some economic punishment, such as war reps. The combination of cash, humiliations, and two decent holdings is not a bad addition.
3. Go full death. Maximize what I can, and take holdings with the goal of taking every valuable holding I can. I can get 7 separate holdings including their new capital, I could let go some of those into Trade Citys, like the 3 DEV White Karelia with its Salt to help me get that.

Humiliating a rival does get me the ability to go with a Golden Age, so let’s ensure that I can do that. Financial recompense is not necessary so...

I get:

Humiliation
the three remaining provinces around the lake Ladoga
Tikhvin
White Karelia

I release White Karelia as a Trade City

I invest in the making of cores

I reform my Subdenik to drop autonomy

I’ll be showing you a map in a bit with the 50 Year Review, so you can get that then.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote