Now my hope is to improve my team thusly:

1. Apothecary
2. Either another RR or Blitz #4
3. Whichever I didn’t do above
4. Catcher #3
5. Tamed Bear
6. RR #5
7. Catcher #4

I enroll in a single player league and let’s get this thing started! I want to get some more experience with Aerobatic Nonsense before going all crazy on you.

We enter an 8 team Cup.

For our first match, we will be facing an Amazon team. This is a team that is both squishy and rocking dodge. Amazon teams tend to be really good early and skill poorly due to their limited stats. We are a very slow starter. So it’ll be interesting to me to see who wins today.

The KO happens and they get an extra rr this half. They move a bunch of their folks to the line, fail to pickup the ball but make the RR, and then bring that person to the line in a light cage. They blitz to try to move one of my blitzers off the lien and way from getting to their ballcarrier and turn over with a double skull two-die which drops the attacker down. I have a chance to leap someone over and hit their ballcarrier from behind their line as they are just screening it right now so I move some folks around to prepare for that. Alright I’m ready to try and blitz in. I tackled off an Amazon and then based their ballcarrier with a lineman. I can leap Canute Curtis on a blitz, and then get a two die block on their ballcarrier Now dodge means I can get a free tackle just once, but I am also content to get a both down as this is one of the last moves on my team, which would free the ball. I also have my reroll for the Leap or the blitz as needed. The leap works, and my first blitz result is two back arrows. Do I want to reroll and try for a tackle? Right now I have two people on the ball, getting a push back isn’t the worst thing in the world. I feel like I need to save my rerolls for misses, and future leaps or key tackles. It’s too early to burn one here. I end my turn.

They have a very successful turn, making three one-die blocks, two two die, and dodging three times successfully but I have screened them from advancing the ball. I move around, and KO an amazon on a tackle. The best I can manage this turn is a one-dice blitz on the BC. It works and I drop her, and the ball is free. I have a lineman right next to it, I would need to make a dodge roll onto the next space which is open and then a pickup, which I try, with a RR available if needed. Success, I run up the sidelines into a scoring position, but I have no screeners or anything available. They make three Go-Fo-It runs, miss on the fourth, RR successfully, blitz my BC and drop him, and then the ball is free deep near the touchline. I have a catcher in the vicinity, and I think I have enough movement to collect the ball and score. Let me stand up some folks first. I have to tackle and I KO an Amazon. I fail the pickup, and make the RR. I need to make two GFIs, but without my RR, I stay here. I KO another Amazon, and then create a loose screen around my BC which can easily be stopped but it’s all I have left. They blitz and drop my BC (he of the two str) and then dodge to collect the ball and make GFIs, and then drop one of my players. But again, the ball is deep into their territory, near the endzone. Sam falls a leap roll and the RR and I have to pass the turn. They tackle well, and move their BC around. I base their BC with a lineman. I leap and blitz and push back their BC, and then tackle someone off the cage point to have three players now in their grill. They KO Tavon Austin. They pass after tackling and pushing some folks off their BC. Lineman Yuri tackles the BC and it falls to lineman Pyotr who grabs it. He is unmarked, so I could score. But Sam Huff is unmarked too, and I have a free RR. I move Pyotr to hand the ball off, it fails, and I fail the RR. But it’s behind a lot of my players. I had screened and caged first. Turn 7, they push some people around, drop a lineman, but can’t get to my ball. Do I try to pickup and score with Sam Huff? I do. I have one RR left. We pick it up and....

Score baby score!

Half

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote