View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They broke our armor 5 times to our 12 on them, and they had 1 death. Lineman Leonid is our MVP this time out. We got 40k after the game.

Time to level up Roman Yegorov. I get a 3. I choose kick. I want to make Roman my kicking machine to help place the ball in shallow places where I can get to it pretty quickly.

Steadman Bailey 1 SPP from leveling. I’d like to try and pass with him at least one for a SPP this match and thus get some leveling out there.

Our next match is vs an Undead team. I win the flip and choose to KO first. Other than Ghouls, Undead are very very sloooooooooow. So if I can get the kick into a place I can threaten early, this could be valuable. One of my players is stunned with a rock, and the ball falls on the touchline in the middle of the pitch. They fail to pick up the ball, and again on the RR, and it falls to one of my Lineman who also fails and it’s now on my side of the pitch. But next to like two of their players – Mummy and Wight. Canute blitzes, Kos a Zombie, and then moves into their backfield. I have prepared and what I am going to try and do is to slip in Steadman Bailey to grab the ball with RR backup, and then if he collects the ball, pass out to Tavon who is screened or leap out. He picks it up without needing a RR. I could just try for a dodge away with one GFI needed on a AGi 4. To throw it is a 50% there and 83% on our side. Not likely, but with a RR, possible. Or two GFIs and one Leap, so three 83%. I choose that one. It works and I am out of basing, with the ball! Go Kislev. This is the power of Kick ability on this team. Tavon Austin bases, leaps past their Wight, and moves into the backfield. We pass the turn.

They blitz down Tavon, get a injured jaw result on Pyotr, and I skip it for a lineman – he’ll miss our next match, They then get a double skull twice and we drop them for a quick TO. Sam and Poz cage Steadman Bailey down the right side. Canute blitzes a skeleton. Leonid fails to get away from a Mummy and I do not use my RR. They free a Mummy to blitz Huff with a GFI attached and they push him down and get that Mummy on Bailey. Bailey dodges. Now runs. He can score with one GFI. Let’s try.

SCORE

1-0 Early.

Ball lands in the middle of the pitch. They move folks up to the line, and fail a pickup in the center of the pitch and the RR. Canute blitzes to create a way open, and then drops after getting a double block down tackle vs the Zombie, TO. They pickup the ball. They dropped three of my lineman, and then pass their turn. Huff blitzes a ghoul, wrestles both to the ground. Alexei bases their BC. I dodge away with Poz and two line. Pass the turn. They KO and drop Steadman Bailey, tackle two, and then run the ball to the left flank, just crossing the line with a Ghoul and Mummy guard. They pass back. I leap Anton away from two markers. I then leap away Yuri. I stun Pox on a skull one-die block I reroll. I have to use a RR< and I can’t take anybody down, just get some folks free to screen. I end my turn. They knock down a few players, and then they try and dodge away from Huff. He diving tackles and drops them, TO. This is the 8th turn. They are deep and could, conceivably, score here. I get Huff to their BC and blitz, just a pushback. Canute KOs a Ghoul. I pass the turn and we end the half up 1-0.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote