View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I believe it’s time to call it. This is a natural end to my “Rise of Romania” concept. My national side has grown into a football juggernaut.

Now I do feel like the Huddersfield year was a little too easy. I’ve never done a tactic that heavy in possession before, nor am I the biggest fan of the generic 4-2-3-1, but it worked hard for me. In one year I have wonderkids in 9 (ten with Raul) spots on my stating XI. I mentioned this earlier, but the EPL felt a little too easy. I took a mid-table team to big form and a 3rd place finish in a year. But, again, I feel we are in a good place moving forward.

So I am going to do something a little different as my coda. I have downloaded Genie Scout. Let’s see my Huddersfield squad in official cheater.

As a reminder, a player with a current or potential rating of 200 is perfect. Messi was 196. The best players in the world are in the 180s and 190s. Only a handful make it there. 2 current players are in the 190s - Neymar and Mpappe. 9 are in the 180s currently. A player with that potential may not ever reach it, and thus, many players , such as a Freddy Adu, are not getting there.

Huddersfield current squad:

Now this is very cheater-y, but here you go. You can see their Current and Potential ratings to the far right on this list. What is cool is you can see their potential. You can see how Lupu us my best player, how Viveros grew this year with some starts and how he will get to mega-star status if that continues, the same with D’Amico, Junior, etc You can see how Gomes is already a star, how my new addition of Guendouzi fits in and more. My best potential people include Lupu, Viveros, Biasoli, Osario and Villalba. Check out how much more room Raul Cobarzan has to grow! You can also see the lower levels of the players I inherited – Berghuis, Mooy, Schindler, Mounie, etc all in comparison

How about Sepsi?

Here is Sepsi one year later. Remember that they sold players like Lupu, Senol, Viveros, Christiano, Osario, Eckhardt, Cabazon, etc. Then they bought some folks as well. Boka, Ivan and Maio. You can also see the strong Dumitru there, a youther I should cap soon for Romania as well as others. You can see the potential of Boka and Maio here, both of whom have a lot more to grow if grown right. See also the value of players here like the future of Romanian Farcas at 169.

Romania? Sure!

Great Romanian players by potential? See Coman at Bremen, Voinea, etc.

By current ability:

I guess I was wrong called Dragus the 2nd best Romanian player and Hagi the 3rd best.

Now, just to compare who are the best potential players under, say, 22 in the world right now?

Everyone with a 175 potential or higher:

Names in there you might recognize? Eckhardt, Lupu, D’Amico, Villalba, Viveros, Biasoli at 4 and Christiano at 6.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-08-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote