View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #113
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
This is a point that seems lost on the average American and renders much of these debates a fruitless exercise, because the candidates aren't proposing things they can actually get DONE.

I want to hear a candidate tell me what they will DO as president, not what they think ought to happen - which is irrelevant in too many cases, particularly with the more ideologue candidates.

I agree with this in general. I suspect there is something about most of us on this forum who found ourselves gravitating to spreadsheet games that is a bit different, and may of us may be approaching much of the world from a slightly different angle as a result. I watched the debate with much frustration. 95% of what was said was worthless to me, but I felt the need to stay tuned in to pick out actual policy positions out of all the bluster and grandstanding and talk of impossibilities.

Honestly, revrew, can you just tell me the candidate that scares you the most, and I'll vote for that one. And I can tell you the candidate that bores me the most, and you can safely vote for that one (hint, right now its either Beto or Biden). Seems like that'd save us a lot of annoyance and likely land us in about the right places anyway.