View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #132
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
The problem is she has zero chance to win a general election given her views (basically mirror Sanders) and the red meat in her past available to Trump's attack dogs.

I'm not following this as closely as some, but from what I've seen I basically agree with ISiddiqui's take. On this, I don't think there's a single Dem in the field who has anything close to zero chance against Trump. You could literally pick one at random and whoever it is starts out as a favorite in the general. Not a sure thing by any stretch, but definitely a favorite. Harris does not, at least not yet, have the big negatives in terms of public perception that Clinton had. Her polling shows that she generally isn't known well enough (not a surprise) but those who are familiar with her are pretty much split 50-50. If Hillary had gotten close to that instead of being badly underwater she would have won '16 comfortably. And that's if the economy doesn't tank which it is due to do at some point. If that happens it literally won't matter who is nominated.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-28-2019 at 12:53 PM.