View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #133
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
...If that happens it literally won't matter who is nominated.

I follow most of this logic, right up until the conclusion. Then, I think back to 2016. Why on earth was that race even competitive at all?

Because there's a natural inclination to keep horse races as horse races, and not runaways. You fall behind, you shift tactics, you try to change the subject, etc.

Anyhow... I suspect that whoever the D nominee is, the red team will work extra hard to take whatever raw materials is presented (old votes, internet memes, russian propaganda, outright lies) and develop it to occupy as much space and time in the public square as the collective values, achievements, or goals that the D nominee asserts, plus the critiques and attacks on Trump or the GOP.

And this is why, despite my deep (and deepening) admiration for her articulation and effectiveness, I think Warren is the most flawed of the group in this exact respect. They will use her "lie" over and over, it will definitely stick with a ton of persuadable voters, and it will work every bit as well against her as Benghazi and servergate combined. I'm totally convinced of this, she's got a really wide and visible Achilles' Heel, more so than Biden's list (grabby, plagiarizer, old) or anyone else's known weaknesses. Hers is right there, and if your main objective is to prevail, I think it's basically disqualifying.