View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #178
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I think Trump/Biden would be a tossup, but I think once we get through the primaries he'd be one of the weaker options and easier matchups for Trump.

Biden dropped 10 points after the first debate and it's not getting easier for him from here. The fact that his platform really doesn't match up well with what excites Dem voters is going to sink him. Biden and Hickenlooper are both running on platforms from the 90s. The only thing keeping Biden in the race at this point is his attachment to Obama.

I generally agree with this. His image whitewashing of late is mysterious to me - voters have had chances to see him before, and pretty universally said "no thanks." I guess he feels to many disaffected Dems like the last best alternative to HRC last go-round, and he's benefiting from some gauzy Obama halo effect, too. But Biden is exactly the guy we saw this week - dropping mentions about hos five years ago it was "fine" to make gay jokes. THAT is who Joe Biden is, as a politician, and as a campaigner. He's actually a weak candidate, in most ways past the "want to have a beer with him" category.