View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I agree, but wasnt Obama an outlier? Who did he get out? Surely the young voters came out in record numbers.
The GOP votes. The dems dont.

I don't think you can assume what will happen in 2020 based off what has happened in past elections. We have never had a president like Trump and never been in a political climate like todays. I think in the past younger people have looked at politics as an "old persons" game. That favored the GOP. I think Obama, and Bill Clinton to a lesser degree, moved that needle a bit but we will see a huge shift in 2020 of young voters, if for no other reason then to get Trump out of office. I think young people, women especially, are tired of old, white men making decisions for them and will vote whomever the Dems choose just to shift the status quo.

If that does happen I think the Dems are in for a nice long run, and the GOP will look back on their loyalty to Trump as the death blow. If Trump wins, I think we are pretty much screwed as a country and democracy. It would show young people don't care, and the GOP tactics work.