View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 AM   #705
Radii
Head Coach

-- It must have been a slow week on the right side of the defense in the EPL.. I get notice that one of our guys made the EPL team of the week and am shocked to see that its DR Michael McKerr and not DL Stuart Kirkland.

-- I hope I didn't screw up by doing this now instead of waiting until January, but surely the writing is on the wall? I offer Brian Murphy out to other clubs. I can't afford to pay two keepers nearly $30k/wk. I get a ton of offers from teams in lesser leagues around Europe. None in England oddly enough, the Portugese love him I guess, 3 offers from their top league. I won't make much here, just $400,000, but the salary clearance will help allow me to try to bolster the defense a bit more.

-- Tottenham finished 6th in the EPL last year, and they seemed out of place in the grouping at the bottom of the league... a day after our tie with Wolves, Tottenham goes on the road and upsets #1 Aston Villa... I guess that shows what we have to look forward to here.

November 14th, 2018

Tottenham(4-1-6, 14th) @ Ipswich(1-1-9, 19th)

We're huge 13:2 underdogs today, making them 2:5 favorites. Oof.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/Adriano
MC: Mariga/Kang/Donnelly
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

30 y/o ST Felipe Caicedo leads Tottenham with 5 goals so far this year, but their scariest player is by far Jan Molnar, valued at a whopping $19.5M and making $120,000/wk, Molnar has 4 goals in 11 starts and has a 7.24 rating so far this year. He's been identified as Tottenham's dangerman.

With Guarin out I decide to make a little change here... I drop the DMC and go with 3 MC's instead, running a 4-3-1-2. I don't think its ideal or a ton better or anything, just trying something different. Kang and Mariga are looking to attack a bit more on the outsides while Donnelly is a bit more defensive minded in the middle.

6': We earn two early corners that go nowhere. They counter after one of them and generate a shot but its a weak one off target.

7': They counter again after we try to get forward, a long ball goes ahead and striker Steur is well ahead of the defense... he shoots and its a clear cut chance here, but Murphy makes the save.

15': After they clear out a corner, we recover and push the ball back ahead, a pass goes to Khan and he takes what is officially considered our first shot, but its blocked nearly immediately and goes out sideways before they recover.

20': They're attacking here and a couple quick passes see them get it into the penalty area... Bruce goes to tackle it and win the ball back for us... and brings down his man, penalty given. Steur takes it and buries it. 0-1

39': We've taken 4 shots now but 3 are from long range.. here a free kick is blocked to earn us a corner... which is cleared right away.

42': We watch Tottenham quickly build up their attack, there's a pass to a man cutting in from the right, he's got a solid look, their 3rd clear cut chance of the day actually, he blasts a shot.. off the far post and out wide, whew!

HALF: Bruce has a 5.3, Adriano 5.7, Gordon a 5.9, Khan a 5.9. Its nasty out there. Constantino is the only one with really bad morale, but a few guys are starting to trend to just "okay" and have me worried. We've got enough injuries that we don't have a ton of subs available anyway, so I just sub out the forwards before they just fall over and start crying on the field. Honestly in the first half Constantino touched it a couple times and seemed like he was just trying to get rid of it ASAP without anything bad happening. Bojinov and Lewis are in for Khan and Constantino. I don't expect any better from them though.

52': Donnelly receives a pass and just shoots from 30 yards out. Its on target but right at the keeper. We've got 9 shots... 7 from long range. I issue the "work the ball into the box" order, at least try guys!

69': Yebda in for an exhausted Neil Gordon. Kang to AMC, Yebda MC. In general I'm happy to see that they aren't getting everything this half, but our attacks aren't pretty.

73': We clear a ball out of our end but they recover, a quick pass back forward, laid off to Caicedo in the area and he's lost the defense... easy easy finish there and this one is over. 0-2

82': They counter after we try a shot and have it saved, and they're just too fast, no, we're there, but, its Alex Bruce again... he just gets dominated on a header way too close as Jan Monar heads a cross into the net from about 7 yards out. 0-3

90': Its just IMPOSSIBLE to score... We build up on offense, Mariga to Kang, Kang to Donnelly, Donnelly with a brilliant controlled run around a number of defenders from the left to the right, and cutting into the area, he's earned us a clear cut chance here, he drives it low to the near post... and the keeper manages to get a hand to it and push it just wide.

92': We earn a corner after that brilliant move by Donnelly. Of course they clear the initial effort but we recover, sending it wide to Donnelly. He crosses in, Lewis heads it down, Kang is there and he blasts it into the net from close range!! I'm not sure if Lewis did that on purpose or not. But we needed a goal so bad, it seems like forever since we scored. 1-3

And that's how it ends.

Ipswich 1 : 3 Tottenham

Their star Molnar is man of the match.

Goal: Kang (7.2)
Assist: Donnelly (6.8) -- so clearly Lewis didn't mean to do that on the assist. It was a deflection leaving Donnelly with the assist still.

Murphy 5.9, Bruce 5.0, Gordon 5.9, Khan 5.9, Lewis 5.6. Bad times, man.

Next up is Southampton before our Toilet Bowl clash with Watford to decide who is the clear worst team in the EPL!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote