View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #729
Radii
Head Coach

-- I don't see any clear DC targets that are currently transfer listed. I go back through the work my scouts have done so far this year and look to see if there are any reasonable targets that they've found, no obvious luck there either. Guys that would help me and that I can afford are too valuable to their teams, etc. I do a search for a couple stats (determination/marking/pace all 13 or better) and scout a ton of guys to see if I can find something. I look at guys available for loan and scout a few as well.

-- A few days go by and scouting reports start to come in. I make a number of offers but all of these guys are liked by their current teams so we're hoping to see some counter offers or something.

-- Hull ask to extend the loan for Jack Hughes. I reject the offer. I want him playing for me the rest of the season.

January 5th, 2019

FA Cup 3rd Round

Ipswich(19th, EPL) @ Yeovil(12th, BSP)

We're slight favorites today, 1:8 to get a win, har. Yeovil are 12:1 underdogs. We're 2-0-0 lifetime against them, once from the league cup and once in a friendly. Hopefully we can take out some of our frustration today on them.

GK: Johnson
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/Berthet
M: Adriano/Donnelly/Mariga/Gordon
AMC: Kang
ST: Constantino

Berthet back to DR today, gordon MR, Kang AMC.

7': We shoot early and often, 5 shots so far, Constantino got us a clear cut chance in the 2nd minute and couldn't finish it, blasting it at the keeper.

18': Our second clear cut chance has Donnelly putting a ball into the area that Adriano runs on to, but he puts a shot wide.

35': 12 shots to their 1, Mariga and Gordon just both missed shots high from fairly close range.

HALF: Right, struggles to score, of course. But we're all over them and its just a matter of time.

50': Mariga with a long bending shot that is just wide.. he's shooting from range far too often, I tell the team to work it into the box.

58': Gordon with a free kick from 25 yards out, just wide.

62': Adriano is hurt. He can stay in.

64': We build up down the left, the ball comes in to Kang, he puts a through ball into the area and Constantino is first to it. Its a classic poacher's goal that Constantino is so good at vs players who aren't as physically gifted. 1-0

66': Berthet with a yellow.

75': Coutts in for Adriano

77': Kirkland sends it forward for Constantino, its pretty crowded but he finds space for a shot from 18yards out.. the keeper parries it away, but Kang is first to it and buries the followup before the keeper can recover. 0-2

79': We'll defend to make sure we hang on to the lead.

92': We're passing it around and just killing clock when Kang turns and shoots from 25 yards out, its struck with good pace, the keeper dives, gets a hand on it, but cant stop it, its through and into the back of the net! 3-0

Yeovil 0 : 3 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Kang Soo-Jin (8.9)
Goals: Kang 2, Constantino (8.4)
Assists: Kang, Constantino, Berthet (8.3)
Notables: Kirkland (7.7), Brown (7.2), Bruce (7.2), Gordon (7.1), Mariga (7.1), Donnelly (7.3)

This is what was supposed to happen of course, but I'm glad we got the job done.

-- We receive $110,000 for this win.

-- Adriano is out 4-5 days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote