View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #738
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

GK Carlos Antonio tears a groin muscle running after a ball in training... he's out for 2 months. Holy Christ!!!! I go back and look at his injury history, he is 25 years old after all... and he'd never been hurt a single time until this year.

-- With Antonio hurt I decide to call up my young keeper Chris Mason. I'll play him in the FA Cup and may give him a couple starts in the EPL just to get him some high level first team time.

-- Liverpool make an offer of $11.25M for DL Stuart Kirkland. I turn them down. Kid is 19 and is handling the EPL as well as anyone else on my team right now. I want him to be here when we break through and stay up for good.

January 26th, 2019

FA Cup 4th Round

Leicester(4th, Championship) @ Ipswich(19th, EPL)

We're 4:5 favorites today at home to beat Leicester. We're at the bottom of the EPL, they're in contention in the Championship, but hopefully we can get the win here even without our keeper.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/Brown/Hughes/Berthet
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mariga/Gordon
AMC: Kang
ST: Constantino

Henrique can't play since he played for West Brom in the FA Cup already (I assume that's the reason). We attack at home today.

2': Mariga with a yellow.

5': Kang gets a good look from 18 yards out, but surprise, weak shot. Easily saved.

12': Defender Rosenior with a yellow for a foul about 25 yards out. Neil Gordon takes the free kick, he blasts it around the wall and into the right side of the net! 1-0

14': Constantino receives a pass way out to the left, he runs towards the area, gets into the area and shoots towards the far post... if on target its an easy goal, but, he sends it just wide.

24': We have a throwin in their end, its quickly passed into the area, Mariga has it and he lays it off for Neil Gordon who has a clear cut chance from the penalty spot, he scores!! 2-0

41': FC Andy Carroll with a yellow for Leicester.

46': Defender Barr with a yellow for Leicester

48': We earn a corner, Gordon takes it and sends it to Troy Brown. He dodges a tackle and shoots, keeper dives, stops it but can't hold it... Constantino is there for the rebound and puts it into the empty net! 3-0

HALF: We shoot 11 times, putting 7 on target. They shoot 4 times, putting 3 on target, nothing worrisome or anything but Mason did have to make a few saves for us and did well. We've got 60% of the possession and we're in great shape here. Yebda in for Donnelly and Coutts in for Mariga at the half to rest guys a bit.

55': They counterattack after we lose the ball in the midfield, a long ball goes ahead to MC Cia, he's way behind our defense, gets a free run into the area and scores easily. Don't give this back guys! 3-1

70': Constantino makes a great run and is fouled out tot he right just outside the penalty area. Gordon quickly takes the free kick, passing to Jack Hughes 20 yards out up top, he shoots, its deflected... Constantino races to the loose ball, he's there first and from a really right angle near the end line ot the right of the goal he shoots and puts it in! 4-1

70': Fryers comes in for Kirkland. Yebda got hurt at some point here, no idea when or how.

92': We build up quickly on offense, Coutts has it about 25 yards out, makes a short run forward, draws two defenders and lays it off to the left for Kang, he's wide open now, runs into the area and sends it to the right post, its by the keeper and in! 5-1

Ipswich 5 : 1 Leicester

That's what I wanted vs Yeovil. Lets have some fun and get lots of goals.

Man of the Match: Neil Gordon (9.6)
Goals: Gordon 2, Constantino 2 (9.3), Kang (7.8)
Assists: Gordon 2, Constantino, Mariga (7.0), Coutts (6.8)
Notables: Berthet (7.6), Kirkland (7.2), Hughes (8.1), Brown (7.3), Guarin (7.2)

Mason with a 6.8.

2 goals and 2 assists from Neil Gordon today, awesome stuff!

-- We receive $150,000 for the win today.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote