View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

Question About Lawnmower Maintence

Need some advice here.

I got my push mower out for the first time in about 4 years this week. It's about 5 years old but I only used it that first year. Anyhoo, I think I may have messed things up.

Problem #1: When I was putting the gas in, I was using one of those newfangled gas cans and accidentally dropped a rubber ring and a plastic ring that were around the nozzle, into the tank. I couldn't fish them out so I just said eff it and kept filling it up. I fired it up and was working fine until I hit a thin piece of metal framing that had been left in my yard and I did not see, which leads to problem #2.

Problem #2: When I hit the piece of metal framing, the mower stopped and the cap on the oil got blown clear off and it looks like a lot of oil came splashing up because the stick isn't showing any oil left in there at all. I had to use it to do a short job today and it stalled and sputtered a lot (I think a lot of this had to with some tall, wet grass too).

Anyway, will the little pieces in the gas tank be an issue, and I can I just refill the oil tank?

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote