View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #49
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2016 Selection Sunday

Norfolk State will be in the NCAA West Region in a First Four game where they will take on Wofford, with the winner playing (1) Baylor.

Remember what I said about double digit loss teams rarely getting a single digit seed. Scratch that. Colorado gets the 5th seed in the NCAA West Region, and they'll open up against (12) Green Bay.

Stanford gets the 3rd seed in the NCAA West Region and will open up against (14) BYU.

Kentucky gets the 4th seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against (13) Belmont.

Michigan State gets the 5th seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against (12) North Dakota State. We have a potential Kentucky-Michigan State match-up in the Round of 32.

UCLA gets the 2nd seed in the NCAA East Region and will open up against (15) Lehigh.

Florida gets the 11th seed in the NCAA East Region and will open up against (6) Syracuse.

So Colorado and Florida have almost identical records, with Florida actually having 1 more win, but getting a seed 6 spots lower? Why you ask? It's all about RPI. Colorado's is 11, Florida's is 54. Moving on!

Snub city for Hawaii, and I had a feeling it might happen. The Warriors get left out of the NCAA's, instead picking up the top seed in the NIT West Region. They'll start out by hosting (8) Texas Southern.

I was debating on moving the NIT back up to 40 teams to give more of our teams a chance, but I think I'll leave it at 32. After all, we've got the teams and conferences and in-season tournaments mirroring reality, so we'll have the NIT mirror reality too.

And that my friends, is it. A pitiful performance by our FOFC teams as only 8 of 19 FOFC coached teams are in the postseason, and 7 of those 8 are in the NCAA's. I'm hoping for much better in the future.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote