View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

30 August 2004
- Jerzy Dudek and Sami Hyypia were selected to the English Premier Team of the Week. That's two in row for Sami.

We have a home game in two days against Middlesrough and then a nice early season week and a half break before we're back in Anfield to take on Birmingham. Last night's victory over Blackburn was huge for the team morale, but I'm really not too worried since we're still building up our team cohesion. I'm am a little worried about our depth however. I'm not sure if there's time to pick up an extra player before Wednesday but now I'm thinkin we need a back-up winger instead of a wingback.

Using the handy-dandy FM Scout we find an Italian midfielder in Andrea Gasbarroni. Gasbarroni is just 23 and has some decent talent. But what we're looking for is speed and crossing ability and he has it. He plays for Sampdoria in Italy and his sale price is listed at £2.4 mill pounds.

- We get a quick reply from Sampdoria as they have agreed to the sale price. Now we have to work things out with Gasbarroni and his agent. We offer him a 3-year deal worth £13,250 per week.

31 August 2004
- Good news for the Reds as Gasbarroni has agreed to the 3-year deal. Hopefully, the fact that he doesn't speak english will not discourage him right away.
- We have four U21 players that have been called up for U21 European Championship Qualifying matches.
John Paul Kelly - Republic of Ireland
Florent Sinama-Pongolle - France
Scott Carson - England
Paul Willis - Northern Ireland
- Chelsea make yet another big transfer purchase, bringing in Spanish forward Albert Luque for £18.25 million. It seems like they buy this guy every time I start a new career.