View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #7473
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
And this is the crux of the problem.

Honestly, okay we can blame the Trump admin for this cluster but the Biden admin needs to get their act together soon also. How hard is it for Dr. Walensky to call the CEO/SVP of Pfizer, Moderna et. al and say to the effect ...

"We need to know when you plan to be shipping the next set of batches over the next 3 months, break it down for me in a report on date, where to shipped, and how many vials. And if you miss the targets, you need to give me a heads up so I can explain to Biden. We'll be transparent and reporting what you share with us on a website".

"Oh, here's an extra $10B each for your trouble".

This is a reasonable expectation that the vendor can provide basic details like this. And if they can't, explain why so it can be explained to the public. It doesn't seem that we understand the "root cause" other than "we don't know".

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/24/cdc-...he-us-has.html

You are absolutely correct. The Biden administration needs to get their shit together soon. Full stop.

I am not sure why this is an example of them not doing that. She said she does not know how much of the vaccine the country has and all the issues that come from not knowing that piece of information. There is a timeframe by which they should have a handle on how much they have. Worst case scenario is that they have to start from scratch with the inventory count beginning with the shipments the Biden administration receives moving forward. As far as communication with the manufacturers and the procurement of the vaccine, the article said the following

Quote:
Production will increase after the first 100 days, Walensky said, and the expected introduction of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine will also help ease supply problems.

“We are really hoping that we’ll have more vaccines and that will increase the pace at which we can do the vaccinations,” Walensky said.

I am not sure that us bribing them with $10B will get it down faster but I am not an expert in that area so I could be wrong.

Should she be able to tell us the exact number of units we should have by COB tomorrow? I mean sure if that is that standard. If they don't have it done, then we rap her knuckles for failing to meet that standard and continue to rap her knuckles every day until she has an answer. However based on that article and what she was addressing in that article, it seems like she is providing the sort of transparency that you are looking for. Is it a rosy picture? No. Is it the reality of where we are at? Yes.

It seems strange that you would feel this way given your desire to always give individuals the benefit of the doubt when it come to them doing the best they can in a tough spot.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote