View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #193
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
RA pretty much mirrored my thoughts on the question over the duke role. There seemed to be a lot of anxiety over who had a gun or guns. Sawyer the con man thief palmed a guy and shot a charging boar in season one. Everyone got freaked out that he had a gun and there was obvious tension until they took the gun away from him (or took the bullets). Then Sawyer and Kate found a case of guns in the lagoon. Then Said took a gun without a firing pin from the French lady. Then they found guns in the hatch ( I think, didn’t see a lot of season 2 episodes, but there are more guns). Charley and Locke put the guns in the hatch safe so no one could get them. Bottom line is everyone has been fearful of whoever has guns. So I too thought a Duke role made sense out of that. The most logical character would be Locke, but Sawyer fits the bill too. Third may be Charlie as he is the most likely to be viewed as a leader and have the ability to really influence others.

BTW, Echo is the only one that scares the crap out of everyone without guns. He can just look at anyone and they pee their pants. He does not run from the security system beast. I believe he stood still and looked at it nose to nose so to speak and the security system (looks like a blurry black mist) just looked back for a few seconds and then snaked away from him. Echo seems to have some extra protection as he also eluded death in an escape effort during a drug run. He was dressed as a priest and his brother (real priest) got shot in his place. He escaped by assuming the role of his brother the priest.

Walt makes the best possibility of a turncoat as the others have his son and he would do anything to save him, even put the good guys in danger.
Okay, when I put down Walt, I meant his dad. When indicated Charley, I meant Jack. Problem for me is the actor who plays Jack, played a character named Charley on party of five. I always think of him as that goober.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote