View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our map is fairly dry and rocky.

We begin in the south edge, and they on the east and west.

Turn 1 – We win init. Everyone begins clustered around each other. I try to move out of this scrum. Many others are as well, and things are spreading out. Weapons exchange does nothing much, but Adele’s ll actuator is nailed by a kick from their Scorpion.

Turn 2 – We win init. I try to get my guys out of the line of fire for now. I run my Jenner behind a Stinger on the north side of the map. Adele manages to hop away and makes the piloting skill roll despite the damaged actuator. The Cicada takes a scouring form the Commando, who hits with all weapons and manages to stay standing. My Jenner kicks and destroys the RL of the Stinger and it falls hard.

Turn 3 – I lose inti completely. I try to play keep away. Their Stinger can’t move, so I hop Adele two hexes away and manage to stay standing. I alpha strike the Commando with my Jenner. The Alpha Stirke, five weapons each needing a 7 in the rear of the mech misses three times nad gets two sevens so two glancing blows. The Commando’s LA is destroyed by the Scorpion.

Turn 4 – I lose init badly again. A lot of maneuvering out of harm’s way. Very little weapons hit, but my Jenner kicks the Cicada and goes internal and hits a foot, but it still stands

Turn 5 – I am in the middle of init. Everybody is jumping, running lots of spaces, and such, this could go on for turns and turns. Their Stinger manages to stand. Adelewants to run her Firestarter over to it, but the Phoenix Hawk has yet to more and could come in for a close shot, punches, kicks and so forth. Instead, she plays it safe. She runs within two of the Valkyrie. My Jenner destroys the RT of their Cicada.

Turn 6 – I lose init. I try to get away from the firing field, and for the most part, I succeed. The Scorpion manages to destroy a leg on the Commando. My Jenner kicks and destroys the LL and LT of their locust. Their Phoenix Hawk punches and destroys the LA of my Javelin and it falls.

Turn 7 – I lose init again. Adele moves in to the damaged Locust. My Jav stands and runs. The Commando rises, but the Locust does not and hits its engine falling again. Adele destroys the Locusts;’s CT and it is done. The Phoenix Destroys the Cicada’s H and it goes too. Now the winner gets a Cicada.

Turn 8 – I keep losing init. Crap. Adele is forced to jump but keeps upright. Their Stinger finally falls back down trying to track my Javelin. It has been moving around a lot. I have to jump away though, too many other mechs closing in on its position. I have moved to the south behind the Renegades and the Lone Stars and Renegades are closing. The Scorpion destroys the LT and hits an engine once on their Commando. Adele loses a machine gun and jump jet from SRM fire.

Turn 9 – Yet again, I lose init. While the Renegades have just two mechs left, they are doing well. The Lone Stars have the blasted Stinger and Commando. All of my mechs have been peppered, and Adele’s Firestarter is critical in five places. I run her into one of the only two heavy woods in the area. Their Stinger fails to stand and I move my Jav back by it. This is a normal Jav with SRMs, not lasers. The Wasp moves into the water in the center of the map, falls, and breaches its CT and is destroyed by the breach. The Javelin destroys the LA, LL and LT of the Stinger. Dead mech (two legs missing). The Scorpion destroys the RT and hits the engine and gyro each once on the Commando which falls and destroys its CT. The Phoenix Hawk kicks and nails two leg actuators on the Scorpion, which tumbles.

Turn 10 – Units left. Phoenix Hawk for Lone Stars, Valkyrie and Scorpion for Renegades. Each of the foes move off, and leave us the battlefield. We have emerged victorious.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote