View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #332
sabotai
General Manager

November 23rd, 2019

Bundesliga
1860 München (11th, 3-4-5, 13pt) at Kaiserlautern (12th, 3-4-5, 13pt)

Starting Lineup
GK Vlachodimos
DL Grasso
DC Moncelli
DC Touré
DR Svensson
DM Stark
DM Daniel
AML Romanenko
AMC Roguljic
AMR Clancy
ST Dimitrijevic

21 seconds in, Daniel gets yellow carded.

In the 12th minute, we kick a corner that gets sent out, but it goes right to Roguljic right outside the penalty area and he buries a shot to give us the 1-0 lead.

In the 19th minute, they get it back when Grasso intercepts a pass to the winger, but he can't control it. Grasso was still trying to field it when their player steps up, passes to a wide open winger who sends it passed Vlachodimos and catches the corner of the far end of the goal.

In the 22nd minute, Svensson gets yellow carded. The resulting free kick, just outside of the penalty area, catches the top corner of the goal and goes in.

In the 25th minute, we get a penalty shot and Dimitrijevic scores to tie it at 2.

Roguljic shoots a powerful long shot in the 29th minute that must have caught their GK by surprised because it went right over him. 3-2 lead.

My team is failing so many first touch saving throws. Every time they go to intercept it, the ball bounces wildly off them.

In the 51st minute, Dimitrijevic dribbles into the penalty area, gets surrounded, passes out to Daniel who I guess wanted to give a long shot a try and he buries one on the corner to give us a 4-2 lead.

In the 53rd minute, Grasso is red carded (not YC'ed twice, just red carded). Told by the game that he deserved it.

I moved Daniel to DL and sub Ahamada in for him. So now I'm in a 4-1DM-3-1. I also decide to go defensive and switch to my Wall tactic, with Stark as an Anchor Man.

In the 62nd minute, again their free kick just outside the penalty area goes into the corner of the goal.

In the 64th minute, Roguljic passes to Dimitrijevic who has a one-on-one with the GK and he puts it just wide. So close.

In the 65th minute, Touré failed his first touch check on a pass he intercepted. Of course, he had to vacate his area to make that play leaving a striker wide open because I'm down a man. Otherwise, Daniel would have been there and Touré would have remained back. They score when their player fields Touré's attempted intercept and passes to the wide open man who had all day to score. It was essentially a penalty kick.

Somehow, the bleeding stops and we manage to hold on to a 4-4 draw. We even had a few chances to steal it near the end.

1860 München 4 - 4 Kaiserlautern
15 - Shots - 14
7 - On Target - 6
4 - Clear Cut Chances - 1
4 - Half Chances - 4
12 - Fouls - 10
2 - Yellow Cards - 2
47% - Poss. - 53%

POM: Ante Roguljic (2 Goals, 1 Assist)

Player Performances
GK Vlachodimos 6.5 , DL Grasso 6.5 (RC 53) , DL Ahamada 6.4 (on 54) , DC Moncelli 6.4 (off 65) , DC Caballero 6.8 (on 65) , DC Touré 6.3 , DR Svensson 6.0 (YC) , DM Stark 6.8 , DM Daniel 8.2 (YC, off 54) , AML Romanenko 6.6 , AMC Roguljic 9.2 , AMR Clancy 6.4 , ST Dimitrijevic 7.2

Goals: Roguljic (2), Dimitrijevic, Daniel
Assists: Roguljic, Dimitrijevic, Grasso, Daniel

I am very unhappy with Grasso. I have players that push the limits sometimes. Stark is one. They get yellow carded a lot, but they don't, IMO, cross that line into thuggery. Grasso absolutely did. The description of what he did was "Grasso hacked down Ivo Simov with two feet!". Unacceptable.

I am considering just cutting my loses with the guy. In 9 games, he's been yellow carded 5 times and now red carded once. I fined him 2 weeks salary for the send off. To my surprise, he accepted the fine saying he deserved it. Maybe he can be redeemed. He's on a short leash from now on. AFAIC, Grasso cost us 2 points in this game. He needs to play out of his mind to make that up to the team.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote