View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I surface near a covered skiff. I doubt the Bloodlug was the only scavenger in the water in this junked harbor. I haul myself aboard the skiff and hide under the leather cover and woven rushes. The swim has me breathless from holding my breath for so long. The Sharnazim are searching the water for any sign of life. I need a diversion. If I have Mind Over Matter, I can provide one. Otherwise, I cannot easily.

Looking for another way, I search the baskets and items on the boat until I find a nice wooden case, and inside is a Jakan, a bow used for coastal hunting. I nock the only arrow and raise the Jakan. I spy a small, white-walled shop with a row of green glass items. I take careful aim and fire. I roll a die and add 2 for having Weaponskill. I get a 9.

The plan works The arrow cuts through the air. The smashing glass echoes throughout the harbor. I decide to take the Jakan with me, in case I can find more arrows. Several of the black-clad troops are ordered to search the area, pulling them off harbor survey and scanning. I creep from one boat to the next until I reach a stone flight of steps. At the top I enter a maze of crooked alleyways. I am about 20 feet from safety when someone notices me and shouts out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote