View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #490
Travis
Pro Rookie

Honestly, if he's changed for the better, great. My problem is that he showed no regard for other fighter's health/safety on multiple occasions, blamed everybody but himself for his issues, lack of conditioning, problems, etc, and yet he still gets chance after chance. The way that article reads it sounds like he's doing well in a very focused environment which is good, but why should a guy that acted the way he did on the show get that sort of reward (both the televised match and getting to be a part of a gym like that)? In the end the guys with natural talent will always get more chances than those that don't, but it's not like the UFC is so hard up for fighters that they need to promote a guy who acted the way he did so soon. Make him work for it rather than repeatedly handing it to him and maybe it'll set a better example not only for him, but those aspiring to be a part of the sport. All they've shown now is that if you have talent you can pretty much do whatever you want in the house and the chances will keep getting handed to you. After the debacle of last season, I really never thought this would be the case.