View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 07:14 AM   #413
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General manager notes: IHOF Owner Awards 2005
After each season, the owners of the 32 IHOF franchise hold their own elections in six categories to identify the heroes of the just completed season. The categories are: Most Valuable Player, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Special Teams Player of the Year and Excecutive of the Year.

The player categores were won by quarterback Everett 'Aces' Glenn (Conyers, MVP), quarterback Joey Allen (Fairbanks, OPotY), linebacker Joe Teeters (Syracuse, DPotY), defensive end Earnest Sanford (Rochester, RotY) and kicker Fernando Ramsey (Bordeaux, STPotY).

The most important category to me, was the IHOF 2005 Executive of the Year award. With my much improved team, I figured and heard the rumors I would be a legimate candidate. Personally I voted for AOC Champions and Conyers Condors manager KWhit. In the end KWhit was indeed awarded after a much improved record (9-7 to 12-4) and reaching IHOF Bowl II. Yours truly finished second in the election.

Personally, I felt that my team's big improvement of 6 wins had more to do with the weak 1-15 jump start. My team did play above it's scouted level and beat both 12-4 Conyers and 13-3 Chesapeake in this exciting season. Maybe my reputation as active traded had a role in the decission, being active and have an improved team probably pays off more then being pretty invisible and winning the IHOF Bowl (Jim's Ann Arbor), coming from far behind to win the Atlantic Coast Division (WSUCougar's Outer Banks) or reaching a winning record at 9-7 after starting the league as #2 candidate to be the first to draft #1 overall (Kodos' Rochester).

Another thing to mention, unrelated of the above, we were in negotiations for a very interesting player, Fairbanks' quarterback Jerry Burchell. He would have been the perfect one-year solution as backup quarterback to Leonard Lyon with Justin McDavid out and future addition Moe Baxter not ready to sing the second string song. We lost the bidding war based on us having to postpone the trade until after the first free agency round, while the other party really wanted the deal to go on as soon as possible. We would have given up the most, but we just could give a guaranteed immediate trade, unlike the San Luis Obispo could.

More offseason moves news, we were able to agree with all six owners involved with trades that could potentially aggrevate our cap situation. I promissed them all to clear up the mess before the draft starts and put our big man Harold Wells on the trading block until we resolves the mess. If it turns out we can't renegotiate enough, the superstar defensive end Wells could be leaving Maassluis, after Deon Chapa was earlier traded to Rochester. Call that a big "Wow", but what has to be done has to be done, getting under the cap is the number one requirement to play along...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote