View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #418
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General manager notes
Well, the first wave of deals have been processed and we have good news and bad news. We lost DE Harold Wells, FS Percy Francis and QB Leonard Lyon as expected, while QB Mel Atkins and DE Scot Dick are coming in. The scouting staff took a better look at Mel Atkins and think he wasn't worth acquiring afterall. The staff also said that Lyon is now looking as good as he used to, yet I doubt it's reliable. The same scouting department has puleed Lyon for the number one spot in experience in the 2005 quarterback class all of a sudden.

A lot of renegotiations failed and that left us at 4 million over the cap. Add the 3.5 million we didn't open up in trades with Rochester, their general manager was on vacation and couldn't find the time to renegotaite, and a lot of trades couldn't be processed. That also means that Jerry Aubrey and Deon Chapa are still around, but so is Mark Burger, who couldn't be traded yet due to the cap woes.

Today, I sent out messages to trading partners to update on the team's cap situation and how we can get the trades processed. It sadly replies heavily on the trades with Rochester, but I expect that to be cleared soon as Rochester is already under the cap and needs to find "only" 3.8 million to acquire my players.

Our draft strategy? Well, I think it's too early to make anything out of it until the trades mess is cleared. It's a painful process, one I don't want to get into next season. I somehow asumed that all trades would go on simultaneously, yet the IHOF doesn't have the corrupt board as the Dutch soccer league has, where teams in big depts can still sign players to maintain their quality and stay away from relegation to asure they will pay their debts.

Anyway, we should be having an interesting draft situation in a few days, if all picks are in, but as of now I don't know how it will work out. What I will do is still not 100% in the plans, but, there are about three scenario's now and we're scouting the most interesting players available in the draft to see who could land where. To be short on our needs, we need a franchise quarterback, we need a defensive end, we could use a wide receiver, we could use a defensive tackle and secondary help would be interesting as well.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote