View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #384
Radii
Head Coach

-- I was looking at our finances briefly. Last year we lost $452,500. So far this year we've made a profit of $400,000. Usually the season is a slow drain on resources and I expect to make less than that by the time we're done, but, we're going to do immensely better this year than last, our attendance is way up and we've pulled in almost $200k in prize money for these FA Cup wins.

-- Last season we brought in $1.62 million at the gate, $425k in "match day income" and everything else is really low comparitively. Our total revenue was $3.58 million. This year, midway through January we've already brought in $3.15 million. Gate Recepts are at $1.50m, only about $120,000 less than the entirity of last season. Prize Money of $185k dwarrfs last season and we'll have a much bigger bonus coming for our finish this year assuming we don't crash and burn. Winning just works wonders for everything!

January 16th, 2016

Woking(19-5-3, 1st) @ Bury(5-11-11, 21st)

We're big 4:6 favorites even on the road today. They're 7:2. My main concern today is that we are going to be noticibly more fatigued.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/V Taylor/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Middleton
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Lots of changes again today. Our defensive line is full strength for the first time in a month. N'Guessan is healthy again and starts though he won't play 90 minutes. Harsanyi/Colin/Middleton all start again today. We'll attack even on the road today.

3': They generate the first attack, but as they try to get the ball into the area we intercept and counter quickly. Colin receives a pass and plays it long to Harsanyi, Harsanyi runs from midfield to the penalty area, he goes all the way to the end line, passing across the face of the goal, the keeper can't stop it and N'Guessan runs onto it, passing it into the completely empty net. 1-0

8': Middleton lays a ball off to Constantino after a short bulidup and he is open in the area, he shoots from 15 yards out and beats the keeper easily! 2 shots, 2 goals. 2-0

10': Colin with a run down the left side, he crosses and the defense simply isn't there, Middleton runs behind everyone and volleys the cross into the net! 3-0 3 shots, 3 goals. This is insane.

22': We shoot our 4th shot but its blocked behidn for a corner. First shot of the match that didn't lead to a goal.

28': We give one back, Ogogo makes a tackle on a ball in mdifield as we're trying to keep it in our offensive end, but it pokes away to another midfielder of theirs and that starts the breakaway, they get a nice through ball and an easy goal this time. That was their first shot, one shot, one goal! 3-1

33': Middleton makes a nice run of about 25 yards with teh ball, avoiding one tackle and drawing one of their central defenders, he puts a ball into the empty space and Harsanyi meets it and puts it home! 4-1

45': Middleton is hurt after a tackle... shit, he has to come out. Hopefully this isn't bad. Thomas comes in for Middleton, Vince Taylor to MC, Thomas DC. O'Sullivan can play but I'd rather keep him rested, especially if there's a chance Middleton is out for multiple games.

HALF: We have a huge 4-1 lead. We've blown a 3 goal lead at the half this year so I'm not letting up quite yet.

51': Incredible control by Colin, he takes a pass in the area, dribbles around two defenders to get to the end line, crosses into the 6 yard box and Constantino heads it in. 5-1

57': N'Diaye in for N'Guessan, Subotic in for Constantino. N'Guessan was playing his first game back, lets give him a break, and Constantino doesn't get enough rest.

66': Bury shoots for the second time, but Lynch saves this time.

78': I give the rarely used "take a breather" instruction.

Bury 1 : 5 Woking

Bury shoots 3 times and scores once. We shoot 9 times and score 5. Craziness!

Man of the Match: Mickael Colin (9.0)
Goals: Constantino 2 (8.7), Middleton (8.3), N'Guessan (7.9), Harsanyi (8.1)
Assists: Middleton 2, Colin 2, Harsanyi
Notables: Lynch (7.3), Ogogo (7.3), Nikolaou (7.8), V Taylor (7.1), Upson (7.3)

Christian Smith misses 4 headers (4 for 8) and is only 9 for 20 passing, his rating of 6.8 is the only starter below 7 today.

Injury Update - Disaster

Zak Middleton tore a calf muscle at the end of the first half in today's match. He is going to miss ~4 months... aka the rest of the season. Middleton played really, really well for me, appearing in 27 matches, scoring 3 goals and leading the team with 11 assists to this point. His average rating is 7.18.

Our depth is still fine, Upson and O'Sullivan is a very comfortable and familier midfield for us, Simon Ferry has played well in a mostly backup role and will be rotated in a lot more often. N'Diaye, Vince Taylor and Christian Smith can all play MC as well.

-- I'm not sure if I can loan anyone else in, but I decide to go ahead and terminate the loan of Zak Middleton and send him back home. He'll be better off in the hands of the Ipswich physio's. I hope this doesn't piss anyone off.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote