View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #47
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

the weapons and armor upgrades are well worth the long research times. With mag weaps and plated armor, even rookies now stand a chance against the overwhelming odds thrown at you.

I like the timed missions. No longer do I get the feeling that I am just tanking and turtling my way through missions. You are actually now encouraged to engage the aliens into exciting firefights.

And yes, losing 1 or 2 soldiers per mission now. The Memorial wall is filling up fast, and each death reminds you that you are fighting a superior force.

Loving it.

edit:

Also, during a VIP rescue mission, I was able to get the VIP to the EVAC zone in time, but lost all four of my troops due to the timer running out. I got the mission win, but lost all my troops. Interestingly, it said "Captured" on all four troops during the mission end screen. Several missions later, one of the missions I took ended up being a rescue mission for one of those soliders! I was able to EVAC everyone out, and tadaaaa my Ranger Seargeant is back in business!

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 02-06-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote