View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 02:31 AM   #13
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOF News Network View Post

Hanalei: MalcPow takes WR Nicholas Prescott with the 3.4 pick.

Avoid Drops71<->100
Getting Downfield58<->87
Route Running5<->34
Third Down Catching16<->45
Big-Play Receiving47<->76
Courage17<->46
Adjust to Ball32<->61
Punt Returning71<->100
Kick Returning46<->75
Endurance40<->69
Special Teams16<->45

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
ok hehe

So... I include the jape comment here because I think I understand it. There's been a pretty long-held view that in FOF, whether we like it or not, the "Route Running" bar/rating has always served as a sort of proxy for "low key this is really the guy's overall ability to play the receiver position entirely, so don't fall in love with guys who have ancillary ratings but low RR, they never work out to be as good as you hope." It would be nice to have a shorter nickname for that, by the way... sort of the way FOFC uses Rex and Otto, or (in other circumstances) Dola. I'll stew on that.

Anyway... what I think I see here is a guy who might well develop into that player. Maybe he's Jacoby Jones (from a few years back, has some productive seasons with the Ravens) - seemed to have all the tools, but ended up being a return man miscast when actually called upon to run a route tree. His GD/BPR split is upside down for the Ted Ginn comparison, but that's kinda there too. Probably not useless, but maybe he'll one day be a frustrating guy gathering 60 targets for 36 catches and 400 yards, despite being in the personnel screen fairly liberally as a WR2/WR3 swingman. But, if he posts a couple punt return TDs doing that, then... worth a 3rd still?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote