Hall Of Famer

Tactics?

Here are the 11 tactics used in the league:

3-5-2x2
4-3-2-1x6
4-2-3-1x2
4-5-1

So what do I want to run?

3-5-2? 3 central defenders can be good up the middle but the lack of fullbacks is attackable wide. You need good positioning, jumping and heading to make that work. Another option is to run a similar tactic. I could run any of the 4-5-1 styles that are out there.

I am going to run a 3-5-2 after sleeping on it.

Here are my reasons why:

1. I have an emphasized midfield just like the common variants of a 4-5-1. We each have five middies.
2. A traditional 4-5-1 typically attacks the sides or the front, and often lacks options up front and works the ball in more slowly. 3 defensive backs allow me to easily cover that.
3. A 3-5-2 can stab fast and quickly offensively as well as play possession ball.
4. The 3-5-2 is weak to the cross. I know how to target and answer that.
5. It’s stronger against a 4-3-2-1 than a 4-2-3-1 that can help fight against that with four attackers to three DCs.
6. In order to mitigate that weakness I will assign one of my middles to a DMC role thus giving me three DCs and one DMC against 3 AMs and one ST.
7. In order to emphasize attacking and creativity I will assign one of my MCs to an AMC role. Therefore we will be looking at a 3-1-3-1-2 style set up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote