October

4th – Home vs BATE, EURO Group E, Game 2
7th – Home vs Senica
10th Away vs Gabsik, Cup Round 2
20th – Away vs Zdana
25th – Home vs Torina, EURO Group E, Game 3
28th – Home vs Trencin
31st – Away vs Podbrezova

That’s a big month. We’ll have chances to show quality in Group E at home against foes. Was our narrow loss on the road vs Dynamo Kiev something we can better at home against Torino and BATE?

Good training – Bruno, Kamenik, Ederson

Our training facilities are upgraded!

Jungr wins player of the month. I congratulate him!

NINE of my players were announced in Team of the Week.

Home vs BATE, EURO Group E Game 2 – I leave in the hot leg of Bruno. I thought about going back to Dodoi but this match is too important. Hot leg matters. Jungr gets loose and drives the box juking past a defender and slides the ball for Wohlfarth for goal in the7th. Not a bad start! After we push aside two of their attacks, we score off a built up, Krasic slides to Vrancic for goal in the 25th. Good cause so far they have out played us . Except on the score board. Half 2-0. I am shocked that with their 10 and 5 on target we are blanking them as they have had some great shots. They weren’t just long shots on target or something. Don’t get complacent! BATE hit paydirt in the 53rd. Yeah I didn’t think that would last long. Jungr to Wohlfarth, goal, two minutes later! Good. Our vaunted offense is not letting us down. Pinter for Bilbao and Kona for Ederson. They score in the 75th and claw one back and it’s 3-2 now. Closer than I wanna be. Dodoi for Bruno. Wohlfarth to Jungr, goal, 85th. Whew. 4 minutes of extra time.

We hold and win 4-2. Nice! MOM is Wohlfarth. But that was our easiest match. The rest could be rough.

I will move Dodoi back to the starting role for the next game or two.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-30-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote