View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
molson
General Manager

April 1983, Week 1

A couple of news notes before I post the first two shows later tonight

-the WWF has already come knocking on Michael Hayes' door looking to negotiate with him. This isn’t surprising in the least, Hayes exactly fits the WWF mold. Size, decent wrestling ability, but most importantly, over the top charisma and the WWF “look”.

I have no doubt they’ll sign him, and that the WWF will be his priority company. We still have him under a Pay-Per-Appearance Contract for another 17 months, so we’ll still have access to him on non-WWF dates. But there’s certainly a chance he ends his commitment to us after his contract is over, and when and if the WWF reaches a “national” size level (which could happen at any time), they could look him up exclusively.

So we’ll have to deal with him carefully from here on out. I’ve requested contract negotiations of my own with him, to see if I can extend the contract even further, maybe even give him a raise and a contractual promise of a single’s title reign. He’s too valuable to job out, but he won’t be the main guy in any angles. Worst case scenario, we replace him in the Firebirds with Jimmy Garvin, then re-group.

-Two small roster moves. My in-game advisor says I needed one more midcarder to get to my ideal roster size. So I’ve promoted Checkmate from “Occasional Wrestler” to Midcarder. Checkmate is a 31-year old British technical wrestler with above average ratings in the basics, toughness, and stamina. And he seems to be a good enough guy behind the scenes. We’ll let him slap around Mike Von Erich and Brian Adias to see if either of them can learn anything. Also, journeyman Ken Mantel was moved from “Occasional Wrestler” to Enhancement Talent. He’s on a written monthly contract, so he’ll job to someone on almost every show, mostly our young heels.

-Coming tonight, results of the first weekly house show, and the first tv show.

Last edited by molson : 09-17-2008 at 02:20 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote