View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #14
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Before the TV taping started, I looked around to see if there was anyone sitting at home, out of the wrestling industry entirely, that had some popularity in the Midwest. Pickings were slim, but I did send feelers out to Haystacks Calhoun. Maybe he'll be willing to come in and take a beating from the Freebirds.

-I also sent out negotiation requests for the 4 guys whose contracts are ending the soonest Kerry Von Erich (58 days), Lose Lothario (68 days), Magic Dragon (81 days), and Sweet Brown Sugar (85 days). I don't want to be giving a bunch of guys raises, but I might as well see what they're willing to do. I won't pay Lothario a penny more than $1,000/event (the same as what Kerry's making), so he'll probably be gone after the 68 days. Maybe one of my heels will "retire" him in an injury angle.

-I've also requested negotiations with the current WWF champion Bob Backlund, just to see if he's willing to talk.

-I've also decided to make a heavy push in the midwest right now, taking a chance and neglecting Texas a bit (at least until our popularity in Texas falls to a C-). They'll still get the big tournament show at the end of the month, but until then, we'll stay in the midwest, and looking at making some big talent splashes in the meantime.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote