View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #24
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Jimmy Garvin signs a PPA deal with Maple Leaf Wrestling, who are assembling a pretty amazing roster. MLW has weekly events on Thursdays, and their next big event is late May, so fortunately, there's no immediate conflicts. This is a little less of a problem than the Hayes/WWF relationship, because Hayes is more likely to leave us altogether for the WWF than Garvin is for MLW (since MLW is smaller and much less prestigious - at least for now).

-Buddy Roberts has received an offer from AWA. AWA runs Fridays and Wednesdays with a monthly show on top of that, so that'll complicate booking even further. AWA's also big enough that there's a strong chance Roberts leaves us altogether at some point.

-This all just emphasizes how hugely important it is to get to Cult status, and then National. More guys will view me as their priority company, and of course at National, I can start locking up guys exclusively.

-Maple Leaf Wrestling incredibly signs another big name - Bob Backlund, just coming off his loss of the WWF Title.

-Our TV show earned a .66 rating - our highest rating to date, and an increase of .10 from last week.

-Ted Dibiase and Stan Hanson reject my negotiation requests, they're both incredibly loyal to their current promotions. Dick Murdoch rejects me too, because he thinks our promotion is too small for him. Fritz Von Erich has capped out what I can offer to Jack Brisco, so that won't work. So as of the Wednesday before the big Saturday show, I have no mystery partner for Fritz yet. Still waiting to hear back from Bruiser Brody, Terry Funk, The Junkyard Dog, Abdullah the Butcher, Dusty Rhodes, and the Spoiler. Out of some desperation, I send feelers out to some guys a notch or two lower in the popularity scale - Manny Fernandez, the Wild Samoans, Chavo Guerrero, and Kamala (though the fans won't buy Kamala as a Fritz partner since he has minuscule stats for ability to play a face - he would have to interject on behalf of the heels) If I can't get any of those guys, then we'll have to go with Chris Adams. (I guess Mike Von Erich would make sense too, buy I don't want him to drag the whole segment down)

-I've advertised two matches for our final house show before the Big Event:

An 8 man tag featuring the participants in the tournament:
Kerry/Kevin/David/Parsons v. Hayes/Gordy/Roberts/Garvin

Fritz v. Skandor Akbar

-Because of our big event, I'll have to reschedule Saturday's TV taping for Thursday (when Garvin, Hayes, and Irwin are all potentially unavailable). That show will tape before, but air after the big event. For the sake of realism, I'll book the show accordingly.

Last edited by molson : 04-25-2007 at 11:32 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote