View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #303
Radii
Head Coach

I sign both my draft picks.

Free Agency

I currently have about what I expected... Diop's expired contract available to me in free agency money. I have $7 million.

Top Free Agents Available:

C Al Jefferson - 91 OVR - orly.
PF Blake Griffin - 90 OVR
SG Andre Iguodala - 88 OVR
PG Johnny Flynn - 87 OVR
PG Monta Ellis - 86 OVR
PF Josh Smith - 84 OVR
SG Ben Gordon - 84OVR
PG Stephen Curry - 83 OVR
SG James Harden - 83 OVR
SG Demar DeRozan - 80 OVR

There's a lot of guys rated in the 70s as well. Also, Ray Allen refuses to retire and is back in the FA pool, now rated 70 OVR at age 38.

There's only one guy who might be useful to me.. PF Paul Millsap is 25 years old and rated 79 OVR. He'd be a decent insurance policy against Padgett leaving. There's no backup center type better than Chandler, I like Henderson and I have my rookie PG, that gives me an 8 man roster that I really like with a couple fallback guys for depth.

For now, I do nothing. I'm going to have to either re-sign my guys or make some kind of big move if I can't keep Padgett. I think with the core I have right now I'd rather keep a little money free. I'm sure in the real world for a team trying to compete it would be a crime not to spend every penny to be as good as possible, but here we have raw numbers that tell us if a guy is worth it or not, and that sends me in a different direction here.

I do make one necessary move. I can't go into the season with Padgett/Sparks/Chandler on my roster inside and no one else at all.

PF Darrell Arthur - 65 OVR - 25 y/o - Arthur never amounted to anything in 3 years at Memphis. I sign him to a 2 year/$3.13 million deal to shore up my inside depth.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote