View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #16
Icy
Pro Starter

August 3rd “The first team practice”

I met the team mates early in the morning, Mr Del Rio gave us the first team talk and after that we went out to the field. We are 5 rookies in the team:

TE Marcedes Lewis (6’6’’ and 271 lbs, from UCLA): Really good TE and already developed a lot. He will get good playing time this season in all the 2 TE formations. He is probably the best rookie.

LOLB Ingram (6’2’’ and 245 lbs, from Oklahoma): Good LB, especially in coverage where his high speed will help him a lot. He is also a heavy hitter as i could see on the practices; he tackled me hard a few times.

CB Dee Web (5’11’’ and 187 lbs, from Florida): So fast CB and good covering, needs to become a stronger or he will have problems tackling big WR’s

RB Maurice Drew-Jones (5’6’’ and 207 lbs from UCLA): He is the less developed rookie, a bit undersized in my opinion but damn fast and agile, the typical small RB.

We practiced a few basic plays and I learned fast how hard they hit in the pros, they are so big and incredible fast for their size. During the first plays I didn’t know what was going on until I was already on the grass with a few guys over me.

All the rookies but Lewis played in the reserve team. I could talk a a bit with Taylor, he is a nice and open guy, but a real machine when running. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from him. On the other hand, FB/RB Greg Jones ignored me, I think he is a bit worried about the new competition for the future main RB spot.

In the afternoon we watched some videos and each one of us got a copy of the playbook to study it. The first thing I noticed is that it’s way more complex than the one we had in college, with tons of plays and variations. I’ll have to study a lot but not tonight, I’m exhausted and need to sleep.

Last edited by Icy : 08-30-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote