View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #20623
Edward64
Head Coach

New name for Gen Zed. I like it. I'll start calling my kids this.

But I'm not sure how they'll overtake the Millennials "in income by 2031".

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Quote:
Eating meat is out, flight-shaming is in. Gen Z is transforming the world and investors need to be prepared.

As this new cohort -- “Zillennials” -- comes of age it’s going to eclipse the vaunted Millennials, boost emerging markets and help preferred sectors outperform as other more passe companies are likely to fall by the wayside, Bank of America Corp. wrote in a recent research report.

“The Gen Z revolution is starting, as the first generation born into an online world is now entering the workforce and compelling other generations to adapt to them, not vice versa,” strategists led by Haim Israel said.

Gen Z -- the group born between about 1996 and 2016 -- is on track to overtake Millennials in income by 2031, the BofA report says. And nine of 10 live in emerging markets, with India accounting for about 20% of the total. Countries like Mexico, the Philippines and Thailand are also set to benefit from the changeover. Sectors that will benefit include e-commerce, payments, luxury, media and ESG, according to BofA, while areas like alcohol, meat, cars and travel may suffer.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote