View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks for the assist in helping cubboyroy score the freeware EHM, PilotMan.

So, Jaromir Jagr of the Capitals, who I remember from his Penguins days, is tied with John LeClair of Philadelphia for the goals lead with 19. Martin Straka, who *is* still in Pittsburgh, leads in assists with 23. Jagr and Petr Sykora are tied for the points lead with 38.. and Sykora's trade rumored left and right. Things that make you go hmm.

The top four +/- guys are all from the Flyers, led by LeClair and Eric Desjardins. Ottawa's Radek Bonk is balla with 8 power play goals, teammate Martin Havlat tied with Milan Hejduk tied in power play assist lead with 12. Those assist totals mean those two are tied for PP points with 16.

D Rob Blake of Colorado has the highest average rating at 8.88, one of an appropriate 8 players to be 8 or higher. Correct that - 8 position players who ranked 8 or higher. There's also 7 goalies who have that honor, led by Dominik Hasek of Detroit's 8.86. Tomas Vokoun is among that with an 8.05 average rating. Hasek's 2.20 goals allowed average has him #1 amongst starting goalies, though a couple of backups - Carolina's Arturs Irbe (1.96 - 10 starts) and Philly's Brian Boucher (2.09 - 5 starts) better him.

So who other than Vokoun is rocking socks?

*Crickets*.

Okay, so Sergei Krivokrasov is our goals scored leader with 11, Simon Gagne the only other double digit guy with 10. Gagne also leads us in assists with 16, followed by three guys with 13 (Chris Drury, Scott Walker, and David Legwand). Needless to say, it's Gagne as our clear points leader with 26, followed by Walker with 21 and Drury with 20.

Walker's our highest average rating at 7.58, one of five Predators at 7 or above. #2 is waiver draft pickup Wade Belak, making me feel better about sacrificing Bill Houlder.

So yeah, we're about where we are, a mediocre team who is probably playing a small bit above our heads.

We're rumored for Arturs Irbe for two scrubs and Vitali Yachmenev. If he wasn't 34 and on a 4 year, $2.3 million a year contract, I'd seriously consider it, cuz the old man got some skills.

I'm going to skip all the team captain meeting mentions too, unless we get a repeat offender or unless it's serious.

I can't help it. Jason Blake traded again, now to Toronto for a third round pick.

Jaromir Jagr wins Player of the Week to no one's surprise. Dude has been on fire lately.

14 unbeaten streak for the Devils.

Vancouver 3 Nashville 3
Nice job of Karlis Skrastins to save our asses with a late goal. Chris Drury with a goal and an assist.

Edmonton in the Petr Sykora rumors. Personally, I think New Jersey's nuts if they trade him, but that's just me.

15 games unbeaten for New Jersey.

Calgary 2 Nashville 4
Here's Tom Fitzgerald of all people with 2 goals, impressing the hell out of me. Petr Tenkrat and Sergei Krivokrasov pick up 2 points each, including Krivokrasov with his team high 12th goal.

16 games unbeaten for New Jersey.

Edmonton 3 Nashville 5
Surprise road win on the back end of a doubleheader - Vitali Yachmenev of the oft-rumored trade block nets 2 goals and Simon Gagne picks up 3 assists, including on Scott Walker's 10th goal of the year.

Vancouver 7 games unbeaten. Yeah, that's not even half what the Devils are doing. Amateurs.

Marc Moro whines again. This is me so over it and trading him to Anaheim for the Mighty Ducks' 2003 3rd round pick.

17 games unbeaten for New Jersey.

Vitali Yachmenev rumored traded to Islanders for scrub package. Not happening.

Jeremy Roenick of the Flyers Player of the Week.

Minnesota 3 Nashville 0
Ridiculous. No two ways about it. Then again, we stole a couple wins we shouldn't have, so I can't get too pissed.

18 games unbeaten for the Devils. Very impressive. I'm tempted to make a Colin White joke for Pumpy, but I know shit about the NHL these days. Guess that makes me an asswhite.

Nashville 4 New York Rangers 2
Chris Drury picks up his 10th goal of the year and Scott Walker, Andy Delmore, and Kimmo Timonen all get two points each to counteract Theoren Fleury's 2 goals. Andy Delmore reached his career high in points already with 15. I laugh at his press conference about seeing his idols breaking records and now he is too. At least we won.

Calgary in the Henrik Sedin rumor mill now.

Nashville 7 Calgary 2
Holy shit! Season high for Predators for goals scored! David Legwand with 4 points - a goal and 3 assists. Other goal scorers - Karlis Skrastins, Andy Delmore, Simon Gagne, Stu Grimson, Chris Drury, and Sergei Krivokrasov. Beautiful, beautiful win.

19 unbeaten for the Devils.

Buffalo the inverse - 5 game winless streak.

Nashville 4 St. Louis 4
I'll take the tie against a superior Blues side, especially on a back-to-back. David Legwand is on fire again with a goal and 2 assists. That's 7 points in just two games.

Oilers on a 7 game winless streak. Don Hay fired as Flames head coach and sure enough, Marc Crawford is the hire. Detroit's Luc Robitaille wins Player of the Week.

Trade Offer
Nashville Predators receive
C Marcel Hossa
G Olivier Michaud

Montreal Canadiens receive
L Scott Hartnell
Nashville Predators 2002 4th round pick

Seriously? An up and coming 19 year old for prospects? Where's my Hell No button?

But since the Habs are in the mood for talking...

I send prospect Jordin Tootoo and our 5th round pick in the upcoming draft for D Sheldon Souray, who I like a little better than Mark Eaton, who by the way, has the lowest average rating on the team at 5.73. Souray, 25, comes in at 6.58 and will replace Eaton on the second line, second power play, and short handed second line.

Montreal 2 Nashville 4
Sheldon Souray gets an assist in his Predators debut, against his former team, but the real story is Vitali Yachmenev getting 3 points on a goal and two assists. The trade was worth it just for this road win alone.

21 game unbeaten streak for the Devils, who also do us the favor of beating Phoenix 6-2.

Craig Button fired as Flames GM. Gerry Sheehan hired in his place. Daniel Sedin rumored to the Islanders.

Toronto 4 Nashville 3
Bleh. Back end of a doubleheader which meant Chris Mason in goal. All three of our scores came on power plays, which I guess is a good thing, considering we had 3?

Devils streak finally ends at 21 games, a 5-3 road loss to the Florida Panthers.

Philadelphia 4 Nashville 3
Ugh, ugh. OT loss so it's a point, but still damned annoying. I'm so mad I don't care about Vitali Yachmenev's 11th goal of the season.

Milan Hejduk of Colorado earns Player of the Week. Cliff Ronning get his 500th assist. Carolina's winless in last 6.

Henrik Sedin rumored to Florida, Roman Cechmanek to Kings gossip.

Nashville 3 Colorado 5
Two power play goals allowed after the 40th minute and we blow a 3-2 lead.

Boston the latest in the revived Henrik Sedin trade rumors. We've had a few waiver claims throughout the season, but I'm too lazy to start tracking them midseason.

Hot damn, Calgary on a 12 game winless streak. My childhood faves just can't get it sorted. Is Jarome Ignalia available?

Nashville 3 Anaheim 4
Good grief. Two power play goals allowed that proves the difference maker in this one. A game we had no business losing. Any Delmore career high in 6 goals. I care not.

Colorado 4 Nashville 2
Back-to-back and on the road against better opponent = loss. Blah. 3 game losing streak.

Mark Eaton is mad about his lack of PT. I need to think about this some more. Our shorthanded situation has sucked.

Colorado 9 games unbeaten. Yawn. Dallas 8 games unbeaten.

Mike York of the Rangers wins Player of the Week.

The good news is, even with the losing skid, we've got the #7 seed in the West right now through 39 games. We're 15-14-6-4 (4 OT losses) for 40 points. 38 points is the lowest playoff seeding, belonging to game in hand Vancouver. Beyond the Canucks, though, we're looking in great form to make the playoffs this year, provided we can turn this thing around.

New Jersey's tied with Philly for the division and East lead with 55 points, even with their amazing streak, but the Devils have 2 games in hand on the Flyers.

If I remember right, one of my favorite parts of EHM comes up next month. I'm so jazzed, both to be holding down a playoff spot roughly halfway through the year, and to finally be reaching that exciting part of the year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote