View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #18
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I understand what you're saying.

But in this particular case, there are a few things at play here.

1. Chicago has barely ANY players in the minors at all.
2. Hartford is basically at the cap and
3. has been stockpiling players for a while.

Hartford had to get rid of a bunch of guys with the new roster limits showing up this year and Chicago needed guys to be able to field minor league teams.

It's not really as bad a deal as it looks on the surface and it'd be no more "fair" if they'd split it up into two deals. This doesn't smack of pulling a fast one to me, so I think we're okay.

But I follow what you're saying and your sentiment is well taken.

IMO (and that's all it is, so feel free to just tell me to deal with it), but Hartford shouldn't get an easy out like this. If they have stockpiled players and need to drop them, then that's what they should be doing, not a trade like this. Chicago can still likely get tons of players from FA, including the ones we vets will soon be releasing ourselves, to fill out their system, and keep Standford Jones.

Chicago is obviously suffering a bit from absentee ownership, and probably some of the other new owners' teams as well, but maybe we need to work out a workaround for that instead of allowing a deal that would benefit one team (Hartford) at essentially the cost of nothing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote