View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
and where the hell is Fozzie, this got me all nervous now

Heh...sorry about that. Not trying to make you uncomfortable. I just get a really bad feeling when I see a deal like this. Part of it, I am sure, is simply you're in my league now and a major competitor, so of course, on a selfish, personal level, I want to see a trade for a star to a rival really COST that rival. And I think most of these guys were not critical to your team or potentially caught up in a roster crunch or never going to see your MLB roster. It just feels like something for nothing.

I got no qualms getting beat by a team that had to struggle through the same stuff I did to get my team where it was, or simply being beat by a better GM. But this feels like an advantage situation, where it is more about exploring the limits of the system we have thrown together, as opposed to going out there head to head and fighting for the same players on the same level. So it's sorta kudos to you for seeing that advantage and taking it, and if the league rules that's okay, then dummy on me and everyone else for not seeing it/using it first. But it's a real struggle for me to get this one past the smell test.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote