View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #69
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Have you tried it much? I ask because in the 13 1/2 seasons I've played the career now, SD has had one winning season (83-79), has finished 5th or 6th 10 times, and was 4th the other three completed season. In the current year, they're in last once again at the point of the June draft. If I can ever build Columbus into a dynasty and get bored, I'm going to have to try SD.

I've been traveling for the past ten days, but am back now. I'm hoping to be able to get back into this in the next couple of days.

I had only gotten about 30 games into the first season with them before I had to stop. We were a few games under .500. I took over the team right as spring training started. Their pitching is awful. I scraped a couple of losers off the free agent scrap pile who are a bit better than the junk we were throwing out there, but this first season I'm mostly trying to get a feel for the game.

That's a pretty horrible run that you've seen with San Diego there, and Cringer's report only adds to it. This could be a fun challenge, although I probably should try an easier situation for an introduction to the game.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 08-03-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote