View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:22 AM   #144
Izulde
Head Coach

After a long conversation with myself this weekend, I've dropped Virginia from the list. The basics of it boiled down to this:

Self 1: Sooo, you're applying to Virginia, are you?
Self 2: Yeah.
Self 1: 600 applicants for a handful of spots, yeah?
Self 2: Yeah.
Self 1: Charlottesville's a pretty small city. Thought you wanted to go someplace a little bigger.
Self 2: I do.
Self 1: Um, oooookay. So, Virginia's like, your top choice, right?
Self 2: No. It's like, tied for third with **** behind **** and ****.
Self 1: ....
Self 2: ....
Self 1: Okay... so you're applying to the #2 most selective school in the entire country that's in a small ass city and it's not even your top school?!
Self 2: You have a point.
Self 1: Damn right I do!

So, I'm not sure what I'll put for the fifth school. Probably a safety school as a backup in case I don't get into any of my top three choices, all of which I'd be thrilled to get into.

McNeese State's application process starts by sending the writing sample and cover letter, just to make sure applicant and school are a good fit. I like that aspect to it, as it means $20 saved if I have no shot at getting in. So I'll do that tonight, because they'll take it by email.

Tonight, or, more likely tomorrow, I'll fill out the online application for Columbia and send out the transcript requests.

I'll apply to ODU in early January, when it'll be much easier to get a hold of my rec letter writers than it is this time of year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote