View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #145
Izulde
Head Coach

Had a very odd situation happen to me at a college clothing store in Chicago last week.

Struck up a conversation with this pretty blonde girl who got accepted into Columbia for the fall and is going there.

Then, a set of parents were there whose son had just gotten into Yale and they were buying clothing for him for Christmas presents.

Another girl and her father were there, and a friend of their father's came over to talk to them. The girl goes, "Yeah, I got into Northwestern, Columbia and Harvard and I'm having a hard time choosing between them.

Her father laughs and says, "Go to Northwestern! I went to Northwestern, your mother went to Northwestern, your grandfather went to Northwestern..." Girl just gets that noncommittal look on her face and says, "Actually, I kinda like Harvard."

And I'm just standing there thinking what the hell? Is this Ivy league hour up in here or what?

Speaking of Columbia, my third rec letter is sitting at home and we'll be going home tomorrow. So that means it'll be overnighted with the rest of my supplemental/creative materials day after tomorrow.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote