View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #149
Radii
Head Coach

-- Chris Herd rejects his new contract offer. I didn't catch it at the time but he wanted $425/game appearance fee for dropping his salary. I'm only allowed to offer $300. I double his signing bonus and give him a bigger goal bonus and try again.

-- A couple days later, Herd accepts the deal. Whew.

-- The biggest news though, Zoltan Harsanyi signs a 2 year deal with us at $1600/wk. This is bigger than Subotic is making now, but Harsanyi seems clearly worth it. He has 4 or 5 League 1 clubs interested in him, but seems happy to stay here.

April 6th, 2013

Forest Green (22-12-7, 2nd) @ Woking(25-8-8, 1st)

Forest Green are 5:4 to win today, we're 7:4 despite being at home. We're 2-0-1 against them lifetime so far. We won 2:1 at their place early in the year.

With 5 matches left we have a 5 point lead. If we win here we all but put it away, 8 points with 4 to play would be just about insurmountable. A draw would be ok too, though I'm not playing for that.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Miquel/Williams/Fenton/Nikolaou
MC: Pulis/Arter
AM: Bennett/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

Anane is back in full training again, enough so that he can come on in reserve. Pulis is, IMO, our second best MC behind O'Sullivan, so now that I don't desperately need him in defense, he is right back in the middle where he belongs. Main is tired after his first match coming off injury, he's available as a sub as well.

Full Match highlights today.

6': Miquel goes down hurt defending a corner. He comes off for a couple minutes and then is right back in the action.

18': we take our first shot, a long shot by Harsanyi that isn't close. Forest Green has one shot too, a free kick off the wall.

20': Lynch comes up big twice... a cross into the area for Forest Green to the far post, its headed.. Lynch saves, but can't hold it. A rebound is fought over briefly before being shot, Lynch saves this one. The cross was far post which Lynch has traditionally played very poorly, I'm glad to see he was ready there. The header was a clear cut strike that he saved.

24': Harsanyi with a shot from 35 yards out that hits the crossbar, close!

26': Pulis controls the ball just outside their penalty area, he threads a ball through two defenders, Ademola is there, our first clear cut chance... he blasts it right at the keeper.

30': Forest Green control the ball outside our area, a throughball to the right side, they get a man behind our defense, he takes their second clear cut chance of the day... and simply puts it wide. Lucky.

41': A nice move forward after a battle in the midfield for possession, Arter to Subotic to Bennett who has a decent chance from the left side of the area, but the keeper makes the save.

HALF: Subotic and Harsanyi both are under 6.0 for the half. Their strikers are doing the same. About half our team is "playing nervously". Everyone knows this is a big game I suppose. We have 10 shots, they have 6, but we only put 3 on target and they put 2 on target. We dominate possession, completing nearly 80% of our passes, they are a little below 70%.

60': Things have gotten a lot more defensive.

66': Main in for Subotic. Harsanyi is playing worse than Subotic... but I think Harsanyi/Main is my best up front combo at the moment.

71': McLaggon in for Ademola

75': Herd in for Pulis. I turn on the attack

83': Lynch saves the day, a long ball goes forward, they get a man behind the defense, Lynch is quick to run out and he blocks the shot, we're able to clear it away.

4 minutes of extra time

90': McLaggon with a slide tackle inches outside of our penalty area. Free kick... off the wall for a corner. Short corner, a hard shot is deflected wide for a throwin.

92': We still haven't cleared the damn ball but we have pushed them back a little.

93': We finally take the ball away and try to counter. We earn a throwin, there's a long cross taken by McLaggon, its played well and Harsanyi gets it down but his shot is saved easily.

Woking 0 : 0 Forest Green

I clearly would have rather put the season away today with a win, but a draw is fine too.

One of their defenders earns man of the match.

On our end:

Nikolaou (7.2), Miquel (7.1). Harsanyi is way off with a 5.5. He took 6 shots and put only 1 on target.

We officially clinch a playoff spot today, but I really don't' care at all about that. Anything but a 1st place finish is a total failure at this point.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote