View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #51
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Ah, right, I see where you are coming from now. Shouldn't be too much of an issue. The way I see it, and we'll use this as a guideline, is at the end of '67 each team will protect say 10 players, the rest go back into the draft. From there I'll start the '68 season, put the retained players where the belong and the remainder will be in the draft pool. I'll have to see if I can export that list, which would make things easier, but just going to baseball-reference.com will probably provide most of the insight you'd need, and I'll be available to assist.

Plus if it is too complicated we'll just play '67, then pick another season and start all over. I'm flexible...

We should probably sort out how we want to do this before we draft, as the drafting strategy for people will probably be different otherwise. It's a bit weird in some ways to make this a dynasty where you hold onto players from year to year because there's no lack of certainty how the player will do in future years ("I'll take a chance on this rookie Babe Ruth guy, he might have a good career "). Then again, drafting season-to-season takes out some of that strategy as well as it's just a question of valuing positions a certain way. Maybe it won't be as big an issue with only 10 teams in the league.

I guess I would suggest something like a very small list of protected players (3-5?) I'm willing to go along with whatever though, as long as everyone (or a strong majority) can get behind it.

JAG is offline   Reply With Quote