Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

2nd – Away vs Vit. Guimaraes
6th – Home vs Vit. Setubal
9th – Home vs Zenit, Champions
13th – Home vs Benfica
19th – Home vs Belenenses

So currently 5 games, and typically the League Cup draw gives us another game later in the month. That 13th game against Benfica may be huge. If we both keep form, that might be one of the games that decides the league.

While Sequeira and Edgar Abreu disappointed in training this month, Costa, Luis Carlos and Strandberg all impressed.

Peratta and Candeais were in the Team of the Week

Mario Rondon won the Player of the Month award for November.

And I won Manager of the Month for November.

I’ve gotten the offer for that potential wonderkid up to 1.8 mill and still no release on their part. Will there be one?

We arrive at Vit. Guimaraes with similar instructions. Keep up the run! Counter! I am going to start giving the occasional starting spot in games against someone other than the Big Five (Maritimo, Braga, the Big Three). Today Rodrigues is in for Luis Martins. On a break away, Skolnik hits Rondon for a score in the 3rd off a lovely cross. Well we’re getting in attacks from the left side this game! Freire misses a tackle in the box, and they answer back in the 11st. Candeais crosses to Rodrigues for a score and he nails it. Let’s move to retain possession. Skolnik is fed a nice ball in the box by Marc, slides it to Franny, and he scores in the 39th. Daniel Candeais limps off the field injured, and we replace him with Javi, and swap his spot and Lucas’s. Half time. Keep it up! Hey, on the road ,up 3-1, that’s good stuff. After Freire’s header on defese goes right to a middie who hits an attacker pen on the left flink, I yank him for Costa. I’m going to start Mexer there next game. They begin pushing hard, so I tell my lads to begin hassling and marking more tightly to change things up. It doesn’t matter, they hit the equalizer in the 63rd. I order my folks to a Control style, higher tempo offense. After getting ayellow and knocked around, I put in Mexer for Strandberg. Then attacking in the final 10 minutes. They score right after. Then off a corner kick, the ball bounces for a bit before Franny sinks it and we are even again. And that’s game, 4-4 tie on the road against Vit.. I’m far from pleased. Benfica won, so instead of continuing to be up by 3 points, we are now just up by 1.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote