View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
SFL Cat
College Starter

More of what we have now...For all the talk of change, I'm seeing mostly faces who were associated with the Clinton administration.

I think we stay in Iraq for at least another year, maybe two, although with Obama in command, the coverage isn't so negative. Still might rile up the anti-war ranks, though.

Since Obama is already talking about canceling Bush's drilling initiative executive order...so much for energy independence. Once OPEC gets its act together, we'll see $4-$5 per gallon gas prices again someday.

If Obama and Dems cut the military, like they're already talking about, I think Afghanistan falls back into Taliban hands as we simply decide the lumps just aren't worth taking if we don't plan on securing victory and pull out like the Russians did in the 80s. Osama Bin Ladin, if he is still alive and reemerges, becomes a messianic figure to Muslim radicals around the world for defeating the western Satan.

I think the Dems try to make a massive grab at nationalizing just about everything not already nationalized and it blows up in their face (like Healthcare in the 90s did) as the economy stays in a funk for the next two to three years. They'll lose their grip on at least one of the houses in Congress. If Obama governs as a centrist, he probably wins reelection. If he he goes hardcore left, he is essentially the black Jimmy Carter, and is a one-term president.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 11-14-2008 at 09:09 AM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote