View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Depends on what you are looking for. The following is from FM 14 since I don't have 13, so some things might be slightly different:

** I prefer Portugal and will eventually start a dynasty there. Three tiers, but the third one is just nuts. Enormous range of teams(from barely semi-pro to full professional), divided into 8 divisions of 10 teams each and only three get promoted each year so doing so is not an easy thing to achieve if you start anywhere but at one of the top clubs.

** Northern Ireland probably has the lowest overall level(3 tiers) of truly horrid teams to take(Killymoon, Chimney Corner are prob the worst). The best clubs in the Northern Ireland third tier are akin to the 7th(unplayable) tier in England. Truly crap level of play.

** Belgium, three Tiers. Bottom is Third Division A/B, season is divided into three 'periods', with the winner of each period making the promotion playoffs regardless of where they land in the final table. Some uniqueness there, though the top league is fairly crap(slightly worse than the Championship second tier in England).

** Italy. Four tiers, and the bottom is Serie C2 which is just insane. 18 teams each, and everybody qualifies for something. Bottom six are relegated, top eight are promoted, 9th through 12th make a playoff. Chaos reigns.

** Scotland. Four tiers, and you can't get relegated from the bottom(League 2). But what fun is that? :P

** Norway/Sweden/Spain/Turkey -- Four levels, bottom is similar to England with multiple divisions of teams for a lot of different potential opponents. Change of pace, but really if you're going to go in a structure like this, most of the time you might want to just go to England anyway.

I like to load a number of these nations so I can jump around if a reasonable job is available, more of a journeyman type of approach. Not that I've ever gotten far enough to actually done so.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote