View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
BYU 14
Coordinator

09/21/2013 (SPL) Cambridge 3-3-3 (10th) VS Forest Green 3-3-3 (9th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0 Att: 1826 Favorite: Forest Green 5-4
GK - Maxwell Mid - Arnold, Champion, Berry, Dobie
Def - Bonner, Miller, Coulson, Spillane ST - Hughes, Pugh
Summary MOM - Matthew Barnes-Homer (9.6)
Forest Green 1 Wright wins a header over Arnold, over to Barnes-Homer and in, too easy 0-1
Forest Green 6 Barry fires from close range, Maxwell dives and tips it off the upright
Cambridge 13 Hughes gets on the cross from Spillane, it's on goal, but Russell saves it
Cambridge 25 Miller pushed by Barry and draws the penalty, Hughes steps up, shoots, save!
Cambridge 40 Champion shoots, deflected to Pugh who rips a shot and hits the crossbar!
Forest Green 51 Evans chips it forward, Barnes-Homer makes space and buries it! 0-2
Forest Green 66 Corner kick to an unmarked Barnes-Homer who nets the hat trick 0-3
Forest Green 67 Wright swings in a deep cross, Evans up to meet it and Maxwell saves it
Forest Green 72 Barnes-Homer breaks the trap and sprints in uncontested, an easy goal! 0-4
Final Cambridge - 0 Forest Green - 4 Cambridge Scoring
Shots 9 17 None
Target 4 11
Poss 43% 57%
Booked 2 1
Holy cow, my new promising tactic was exposed by a precision counter attack and Barnes-Homer just shredded our back line. Should probably look for some more speed there and will make sure to use my alternate tactic next time we play them. The missed penalty really took our wind!
Luke Berry is kind enough to inform the media that I ripped the team apart after the lackluster effort against Forest. The fans are pissed too.
9/23/2013
I am able to negotiate an acceptable deal for Hungarian Keeper David Grof. The 24 year old is better than either we have and with both current keepers loaners, getting him would be huge.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote