View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #500
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The place they land is the landing strip, outside of the structure proper. There are numerous fling vessels here including military ones and civilian transports. Magical cannons that fire Fireballs, Lightning Bolts, Ball Lightnings and Magic Missiles are arrayed in defenses around the city, with the ability to turn every way (save at the city).

Dunbar shows Alzar and Questrix where the exit is. There is a large Cloud Giant on the platform, with a number of boulders for defense.

There is one exit from the landing strip and it goes to immigration control. They head in. Dunbar and his crew are waived in, and Questrix is next.

This is a large wooden hut with 2 elderly and irritable gnomes with a sprawl of cabinets, scroll cases, tables, ledgers, and more. They have multiple magical devices, and abacus for counting. Questrix is looked up in a giant book for skygnomes, and found. After being verified, they heck to make sure that there are no pending warrants or anything for him and there are not.

“You’ve been gone for almost a year Questrix. Are you still clanless or have you been adopted by one of the five clans?”

Questrix is still clanless, and they make a notation. They make some minor inquiries, and then grab a Wand and use a charge. All of Questrix’s magical items glow, and they assess a “Reentry Fee” for him which he pays.

Next is Alzar.

Alzar steps up and introduces himself. They grab a Book of Undesirable Persons for humans to look him up to see if he has been banned. After verifying, Alzar acts for an official document to be granted. He tells them that he is the Marquis of the Mighty, from the Kingdom of Norwold, and wants to spear with the Mayor of the City on official business. That raises a few eyes, and one of the gnomes looks over at a crystal questioningly. It does not respond as expected.

“Can you say again?”

“ I am a Marquis of the Kingdom of Norwold.”

Nothing happens.

“Can you lie to us about something please.”

“I am really a Baron, not Marquis rank.”

The crystal glows a bright red. Alzar continues, “And my name is really Hetman the Portly.” It glows again.

It’s a magical device that detects lies

Questrix confirms that he has been to Alzar’s castle in the March and that he is, indeed, the Marquis. They begin to create some paperwork for him. They have a sash for him to wear too to denote diplomatic relevance. They begin to assess a fee for these, but Alzar successfully uses his Hypnotism ability and convinces them to let him through, as a gesture of diplomatic benevolence prior to him meeting with the mayor. They agree and his fee is waived.

Alzar has entered Serraine.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote