View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #78
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, trying to think how the game is likely to be balanced. Here is a stream of thoughts on the topic ...

1.) Barkeep wanted the 18th player for balance.
2.) I'm guessing that the noble factions will have an equal number of players.
3.) I'm guessing that the total number of nobles vs assassins is somewhere from 3/1 to 6/1.

Three factions with five members each, plus three assassins. The assassins have the power to blackmail one the first night to trim the odds a little going forward. That sounds about right to me. Except for the fact that there would be a Fast Talking Noble on each faction, which would start to set the numbers up against the nobles pretty quickly if they get lucky.

Two factions with eight members each, plus two assassins is also a possibility. That might make more sense with the role of Fast Talking, plus the Blackmail.

Quote:
it is possible that the Assassins will only put up with so many "fast talkers" before they will start to ignore such people.

The above quote is in regards to the fast talker. I'm guessing this means that if we have three factions that only two total fast talkers can be converted to provide some kind of balance.

Barkeep, I'm reading the blackmail as if the noble does not become an assassin, but his voting is negated. Is this accurate? It is a pretty big deal in terms of assassin victory conditions to understand this ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote