View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #147
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

You Rutgers fans are insane. Your sports program is crap and it has leached off the Big East and contributed nothing for years. You don't do anything in the NY market while in the Big East, so I don't see the annual Rutgers Northwestern/Mich St/Iowa/Indiana football games drawing much either. The OSU/Mich games would be a novelty for a couple of years until your football program once again fades into oblivion for the next 75 years. The only thing NYC cares about Big East basketball, and only a couple of the good Big East teams at that. I want to see the Big East stay intact and frankly, would be happy to get rid of a leach program like Rutgers.

As a Cuse fan I understand a team accepting a Big11 invite for the $$$, but would it ever suck to be subject to Big11 basketball night in and night out. I respect the hell out of MSU in hoops, but they are boring as hell. OSU is the only program that plays anything that resembles real basketball. Losing the games against Pitt, UConn, G'town, WV, Villanova, etc. would be a nightmare.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote